Tuesday 31 July 2012

Folk me

Another Cambridge Folk Festival passes us by and it's been a corker again. Some great headliners this year including Joan Armatrading, Clannad, June Tabor, Richard Thompson, Martin Simpson, The Unthanks, Seth Lakeman and The Proclaimers who were, as you'd expect, fantastic. My top act this year, however, was The Treacherous Orchestra who were astoundingly talented and wonderful to watch. here's a taste:



I was also very taken with the virtuosity of Lau (who have an album out with the divine Karine Polwart soon), Karine herself of course, Ross Ainslie and Jarleth Henderson and Juju.









Also worthy of note, and new to me, were The Staves; three sisters from Watford who sing like angels. I will seek their music out.



Roll on next year! (And I can't wait to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain in Windsor this September). Smiley face.

No comments:

Post a Comment